It is not difficult to find reasons to visit one of the greatest cities in the world. Thanks to a myriad of airlines that fly to London Heathrow airport, getting cheap flights to London shouldn’t be too difficult. No wonder Samuel Johnson said: “When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life.”
- London has no less than four World Heritage sites. In addition, entry to over two hundred attractions is free!
- Seeing as you saved a bit of money on the cheap flight to London, why not sample one or more of the 6 000 restaurants that the city has to offer? There is truly something for everyone – from French cuisine to Indian curries.
- London is a dream destination for any shopaholics, with more than 40 000 shops and 83 street markets to choose from. Finding a cheap flight to London becomes more important, however, if you fancy shopping at the world-famous department store Harrods. The store specialises in luxury brands, as well as fine food and wine.
- There are many parks in London to escape to once the crowds get too much to handle. The most famous of these is certainly Hyde Park, located in the middle of London. There are many open-air events in summer, and on Sundays London’s most vocal speakers share their views with the world on Speaker’s Corner.
- Kew Gardens is another not to be missed London feature. It is one of London’s four World Heritage sites. Horticulturists will certainly appreciate the more than 30 000 different types of plants from all over the world.
- Regent’s Park was created in 1811 by famous architect John Nash. The Park houses an open air theatre, boating lake, rose garden and many cafes and restaurants. It is also home to the London Zoo.
- Another incentive to find a cheap flight to London is to attend an array of events and productions that take place every year. Four of the world’s largest orchestras call London home – the London Symphony Orchestra, the Philharmonic, London Philharmonic Orchestra and the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra. Ballet, musicals, plays, films, jazz bands, rock bands or clubs: there is something for everyone on the entertainment scene.
- The London Eye gives visitors a bird’s eye-view of the city. It is the world’s largest observation wheel and allows 360-degree views of many well-known landmarks.
- The Royal family has fascinated people from all over the world for decades. Visit the royal palaces and watch the Changing of the Guards. There are also sightseeing tours available around the city that includes various royal attractions.
- Finding your way around the city is easy, thanks to an integrated transport network. Making your way into the city is also easy, thanks to first-class rail, underground and bus links into the city. A little more expensive option is to travel around the city in the famous “black cabs”. However, seeing as you found a cheap flight to London, you will have more left over to travel around the city in style!